Sunday, August 06, 2006

A quick update [Rob]

Hey everyone,

We just want to let you know how we are doing. I have been studying hard and taking some exams these last few weeks. It has been tough, but very rewarding. I can't believe how much of the Bible I didn't understand. I thought that by reading it I could understand it, but I realized that it all depends how I read. All I know is that I have begun to learn how to read the inspired word of God and how to understand it. I realize that it isn't so hard to understand the Bible when you simply read it for what it is. I have been doing pretty well in my exams. I plan on having better notes this trimester than the last one. Let's just hope I hope I can maintain the pace.

Cy has been teaching in this school and is about to teach in the Discipleship Training School (the one that I used to work in). She will be teaching about holiness. She teaches really well so I look forward to hearing about how it went.

Together as a couple we are doing great as well. Sometimes it's a little hard to plan our wedding from a distant land, but at the same time it's a great adventure. We have been seeing little doors open and close and how God has been standing behind our decision to get married in Venezuela. We are growing closer and closer together and we are enjoying getting to know each other more and more. Just when you think you have found all the good that there is in a person, they show another great side of life. That's how it has been for the two of us. We love each other more than ever now.

Well, we continue with our challenges of finishing well the school of Biblical Studies, getting our way to Thailand and then starting a new family. We're excited about life because God has been speaking to us about various things and we look forward to seeing his blessings flowing through us and spilling over into the kingdom of Thailand.

Thanks for your prayers. We all need them. If you happen to remember us in your prayers, here are some things to pray for:
1. to know God more every day
2. our relationship as a couple
3. leaving behind strong relationships with Pichilemu, our mother base in Chile
4. safety from sicknesses (I have been fighting a cold almost the entire school off and on)
5. our great financial challenge

We will be praying for you. May God bless you and may he keep you, and may his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. And may he give you peace.

No comments: