Wednesday, July 19, 2006

God is Good [Cy]

These last weeks I have been a bit busy studying for teaching Juan's gospel and Genesis and I am amazed of seeing the good and wonderful thing that is our God. In spite of the fact that already are teaching these books previously and of that already he has revealed many things across them, again God shows me parts of his person that I didn’t know before.
Now is the Chapter 15 of Genesis. The verse 7 says that God promised to Abraham the land of the cannanian like homestead. God was promising him this land as his property in order that his children and the children of his children should live in it. Now, well for the time in which Abraham, I come to Canaan it was a land that was inhabited.

And because of it Abraham reacts and asks for a guarantee God of that what he was promising was going to complete (vs. 8) and God in his loyalty gives it to him. Vs 9-10. This type of ritual was something that towards usually in the time of Abraham to ratify an agreement; with the death. Verse. 17. In this alone case, God does the oath happening for among the divided animals. And this was what I am overawed of the history. God I do not demand anything of Abraham, only tape-worm that to believe in what God was saying to him even in spite of the fact that the circumstances should say the opposite and it was making clear that was over the circumstances and was faithful to fulfil the promise that was doing Abraham to him. God not tape-worm that to give no signal to Abraham but it did because it is GOOD and liked that Abraham was sure of it.
This word took myself to pondering in my life. Everything what God has done with me and all the promises that God has fulfilled in my life. And also thought if I could believe or not to a new promise that he was doing to my life even in spite of the fact that the circumstances were adverse. I learned that it is necessary to believe because God is GOOD and it is something that does not go to change. This one is a time of new challenges for Bob and for my (with everything of the wedding and the trips) this way that I believe that the word came as ring for the finger.
Kisses for all of you, we meet in another opportunity.
Cy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob & Cy,
Congratulations on your engagement!
We are very excited about your plans for the future. May God guide you in all that you do.
We love you lots! And look forward to personally welcoming you into our family, Cy.
Love, MOM & DAD

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rob and Cy on your engagement. Sarah and I are very happy for you both. I love all the pictures and writings.

Annet

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled to read about your engagement...CONGRATULATIONS Rob & Cy!
Your facial expressions tell the story, we are so happy for you. God bless you and your future plans.
Lots of love to both of you from
Grandma & Grandpa