Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WE'RE ENGAGED!!! [Rob]

Hey everyone,

I have the wonderful news that Cy and I are officially engaged as of July 17 2006. And first of all I would like to thank all of you who were praying for us. Your prayers were used by God to prepare us for this moment and the moments to come.

Now I'm sure that at least half of you are wondering how it all happened...
Well, I don't want to give out all the details, but I will say that we were in the Plaza de Armas (the central plaza of a city) in Santiago, in front of the central fountain. We were talking about chess because there was a chess tournament in the plaza. And acting like normal I simply told her that I have a question. I took out the ring, kneeled down and asked her (in english, gotta make it special for me too!) if she will marry me. She was stunned because of the surprise and held silence for quite a while (enough to make me wonder) and then she said yes (in spanish). And I put the ring on her finger. We laughed and hugged and she was stunned. I think the surprise of the moment, not so much the proposal in itself, was what kept her stunned. All in all, it was awesome and we both ended up really happy with how all turned out.

So I just wanted to let you all in on the exciting news of my, now "our", life. We will keep you informed as to our future plans and calling. But don't worry, the two of us were born to be lifetime missionaries and there isn't anything else in the whole world that would give us more satisfaction than giving our lives daily for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. For those who are wondering, our wedding will be in february 2007.

For all you singles out there, don't worry about how it all works out, God has a plan. And if you actually give that part of your life over to him without conditions, he will give you the best companion you could have ever imagined, in fact, better than what you can imagine. That's how it went with me.

God bless you all!

Oh, and I have had the question asked about the ring on the right hand. Well, in her culture the ring goes on the right hand until we get married and after the wedding it goes on the left hand. That's the way we're doing it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! I know everyone here is super excited for the both of you! We miss you Rob, and can't wait to meet you Cy.
Love you both,
Chad and Sharon

Nathan and Melissa said...

Rob & Cy - CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting and so great! We are so happy for you! God is pouring out His blessing on you guys! We look forward to meeting you Cy! We love you Rob!
Nate and Melissa

Anonymous said...

Felicitaciones!!!
Estamos muy contentos y les deseamos lo mejor y que Dios les bendiga. Les deseamos mucha alegria al preparar vuestra boda.
La Familia Loewen (Tante Moni)

Anonymous said...

Ché Felicidades Beto y Cy !!!! Qué emoción bueno pero era de esperarse eh!! Así que desde la Argentina les envío un fuerte abrazo para ambos y los mejores deseos en esta nueva etapa de sus vidas.....Qué Dios les re bendiga!!! Que pena Beto si te hubiera hecho caso estaría en primera fila celelbrando junto con uds. este súper acontecimiento....Bendiciones y pa'lante!!!! Abrazos la Tía Fran

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Y FELICITACIONES
CY y ROB!!!!! Huge Bendiciones to you! It's such a blessing to me to see how God has blessed you with each other! I pray that you both will feel surrounded by God's great love and peace! I look forward to seeing you in febrero!
love ya!
Carrie