Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Thank you [Rob]

Greetings,

Thanks for your encouragement, all of you. We really appreciate the comments and emails that we have received due to our engagement announcement. I know that a lot of you have been with me through my time of searching for a wife. Well, when I finally stopped searching God brought her to me. How nice of him, eh? Anyways, this is a thank you note from us to you.

Also, I wanted to share that we have been doing some thinking and praying and planning. We will be getting married on the 24th of February in Caracas, Venezuela. We decided to get married in Cy's home country because we don't want to get married in Chile and we both speak spanish fluently. Therefore, we shall be getting married there.

We were both remembering back to our time as singles when we didn't even spend time together. God spoke to her and to me specifically about one thing in common (We didn't know that God had spoken this to the two of us until we finally became a couple). God told me not to plan anything for after my School of Biblical Studies (which I am in now). God told her not to make a commitment further than this School of Biblical Studies. And so we have come together just in a time of transition. It's perfect for the both of us.

So why do I tell you all this? Well, Cy and I have been praying about our future. We both feel called to missions full-time. There is no other passion in our lives apart from fulfilling the great commission. As a newly-wed couple we believe that Chile is not our place to spend our first year. After seeking God for a long time now and seeing how he has begun to put everything into place, we have started taking steps toward a new direction. We are committed to YWAM and their values and goals and do not plan on leaving this organization any time soon. So, with all that said, we will be announcing our new plan soon. We can't let you in on it quite yet because I would like to add a simple webpage to this one with complete information on it all. So stay tuned...

Apart from all the mystery, I have been discovering great things through the study of the word of God. Right now, I am in the middle of the book of Leviticus. For those of you who read the Bible, I ask for prayer because it isn't an easy book to study, not anything like the gospels. So please pray for revelation and strength to make it through. I have enjoyed Genesis and Exodus and am now headed through the bible chronologically. God has revealed himself in great ways and I look forward to getting to know him just a little bit more EVERY DAY. May you all keep on seeking the face of God as he desires to show himself in great ways to each one of us. God is to be found, you just have to look for him. A lot of times we are like the people of Israel. God prepares to show himself to us personally, and just before he reveals himself we turn to a leader and tell him to talk to be our mediator between us and God. (See Exodus 19&20 especially 20:19-20) And just like Moises said to the people I want to say to each of you. "Do not fear." God is not going to judge you, he wants to heal and restore you. Get to know God through his word and through hearing his voice, he wants to be known. Well, I love you all and hope the best for you.

May you be blessed with God's direction and blessing in your lives.

Rob

No comments: